Tuesday, March 26, 2013

MORE WORK DONE TODAY!

I am on a roll! I got most of the moss/leaves that I had available onto the tree but now I need to find more and dry it. Trying to decide if it looks alright as is, or if it needs to be fuller.

 







But after a lot of painstaking placement of "leaves" I decided to work on other elements. I made a bed with moss base and a bit of coconut sheath for the headboard. I'm afraid some of my photos are not totally sharp but I promise once I finish everything I will do my best to get clear photos.

I wanted to try my hand at making a tiny bunny so I cut a piece of chenille stem and left a bit of wire at the top. I snipped tiny bits of the white chenille to use for filler and to coat the bead I used for the head.





I used a paper punch that seemed just right for ears and snipped it down the center so the ears were more separated. I photographed the bunny next to a ruler but again trying to balance things by hand it did not turn out sharp but I left it in for size.  I did get a sharp picture which I am including as well. I have also added arms since this photo was taken.
 
 
 










 

My next project was to make a sink. I had some little seed pods which I thought would be perfect I sliced a bit from a branch and drilled a hole for the sink to sit in. 

A drop of glue in the hole and voila’ a fairy sink!

I have to decide if I am crazy enough to make utensils or dishes to go in it.











I needed a cooking fire but my "kettle" was a bit large, plus I didn't want to build a fire in the house. So I started making an arrangement of twigs and was thinking about whether I might add a light beneath it. I spied a piece of baby wipe and just for fun decided to see how the fibers might tweeze out. A bit of Sharpie coloring and I really like the effect.
 














There was a nice little bit of branch with a kind of burl on it and I thought it might be a good place for the bunny. There are now arms which did not show up in the photo. 






I am trying some placement of the elements on the base and also am trying to make some other decisions.


 A pot belly stove in the room? I started one but now am not sure if I will use it. I think I need a table and I did make a chair before I started on this big push. I thought I had a picture of it, but seems I can't find it but here are some of the fairies I have experimented with.
 I will definitely NOT use the middle one as she is too big and the skirt is too stiff. The left hand fairy with the wand is a possibility as is the very tiny one on the right


 and in the single photo to the left here. These were prototypes so I will have to see where I go with them.








I am running out of steam today but might get back to making the table and chairs. It has been very satisfying after a long run of not making anything and there really isn't all that much that will be needed to finish this poject. YAAAAYY!


 

No comments:

Post a Comment