Wednesday, March 27, 2013

MOMENTUM

I am moving forward again today. Someone said I needed more critters for this scene (I was only going to have the bunny) so the challenge was issued. I started a couple of things but settled on a skunk. I will explain and show the details here.

I started with a piece of chenille stem and bent one end double for the head. The other end was just bent up for the tail. I used very fine wire for the legs.
 











I wrapped the wire around front and back and trimmed it.








I then proceeded to add black using a Sharpie marker. Note that for some reason the photo shows blue but I was too lazy to put it into photoshop to correct it. I went on line to see skunk images to get the pattern right. After the initial coloration I used the black Sharpie on the chenille stem and then started clipping it. I needed to add fullness and fill out the legs. 

 
I used my Super Glue Gel applied with a toothpick to the areas I needed to fill, then used tweezers to drop the clippings where I wanted them.  It is now starting to look a bit more skunk-like. The white isn't showing up white and the black is showing up as blue, but other than that it does look like a skunk. More so in real life than in the photo.

 I also needed a table and chairs so that was next.  I made a little pedestal by flattening out a cone-shaped pod from the branches I had. I did cheat with the table top as I couldn't seem to slice a piece thin enough from the branch so I used a wood disk from my collection. 

For the chairs, I sliced pieces from the branch and used my Dremel to sand the top area and bottom area to shape. I left a small part in the center for the seat, which I covered with small, fine moss. I am finding the iPhone is difficult to hold steady enough for sharp photos so I guess I will have to substitute some of these photos when I can set up my tripod.

 






No comments:

Post a Comment