Monday, July 15, 2013

BIG PUSH TO FINISH

Life Sometimes gets in the Way

It has been some time since I posted thinking I was almost done. Little did I know. I was delayed getting ready to visit my family on the mainland, then of course being there, and just last week I got home and after settling back down I finally made a big push the past couple of days to finish this up.

I again lost the bed I had made and found so it was faster to just make another one. It was
made using a piece of a branch 
hollowed out, and two leaf
beads were used for the head
and foot. The coverlet is a
skeletonized leaf as I wanted
a lace effect.
I also did a lot of work on the "landscaping" with a stream and a lot more mosses. The water was done with foil and I have a full tutorial on my web site: http://hilocreations.breezi.com

Here are some samples of the dried mosses I have been using. When they fade I can color them with inks (not to be spilled all over as I did yesterday!)


Below are a couple of the steps making the stream. I use foil bits, Sharpie pens to color, sprinkle sand, tiny rocks and bits of detritus. The moss bits were teased apart and placed bit by bit along the edge.


     



I needed another piece of furniture and friends suggested a dresser and mirror so I created that today as well. And I also inserted an LED at the top which is hidden but which gives a cool bluish light. I will be making some vines to cover the wiring and switch which go down the back of the tree.

There are one or two things that will be added - some dishes on the table, the above mentioned vines, and with some dry weather I will do a final photo outside and with a tripod.

                                             

No comments:

Post a Comment